Isophorone (IPHO) is used in many end markets such as agrochemicals, fine chemistry, coating, inks, epoxy systems, isocyanates.
IPHO, an unsaturated cyclic ketone, is a raw material in many chemical synthesis: IPDA/IPDI (isophorone diamine / isophorone diisocyanate), PCMX (antimicrobial derivatives of 3,5-xylenol), Trimethylcyclohexanone…
IPHO is also used as a solvent, especially in coatings, inks and agrochemicals.
- Purity (% by weight) : ≥ 99,0 (isomer mixture*)
- Appearance at 20°C : clear liquid free from suspended materials
- Density at 20°C (g/cm3) : 0,919 - 0,922
- Boiling point at 1013 Pa : 215,2°C
- Flash point (closed cup) : 85 °C
- Water solubility at 20°C :
IPHO in water (mass fraction) : 1,2%
water in IPHO (mass fraction) : 4,3%
- Hansen Solubility Parameters at 25°C
δt = 19,9
δd = 16,6
δp = 8,2
δh = 7,4
* Isophorone consists essentially of 3,5,5-trimethyl-2-cyclohexene-1-one (α-isophorone or IPHO-α) in which less than
1 % of the isomer 3,5,5-trimethyl-3-cyclohexene-1-one (β-isophorone or IPHO-β) is present.
Chemical and plastics industry
- Fine chemistry
Food industry and agrochemicals
Paint, coatings and adhesives
- Paints and coatings and inks