Bitumen modification are more and more applied in hot mix asphalts.
Their use improves the resistance to rutting, fatigue and thermal cracking, and extends the service life of an asphalt pavement.
Lotader® AX gives excellent performance to the modified binder in terms of:
- Excellent rutting resistance
- Meet most dynamic properties requirements (PG, MSCRT)
Increase of tensile strength
Increase of elasticity
Decrease of temperature susceptibility
Lotader® AX are easy to process:
- Easy to process
- Excellent performance with low effect on viscosity
- Outstanding bitumen storage stability
- Efficient at low loading at 1.5 – 2.0%
- Easy to prepare in most common equipment : no need of high shear tank.
Lotader® AX8840 and Lotader® AX8700, AX8750 and AX8900 can be combined to adjust the softening point.
Grades are chosen upon the targeted properties.
* In Development
Among the polymers used in bitumen for road paving, EVA is well known for its compatibility with various bitumens as well as the excellent mechanical properties it brings to asphalt (rutting resistance).